If a user complains that once they are connected successfully to the VPN, but is unable to go out into the internet, you can try these steps. Sometimes there are things like “Split Tunnel” which can be turned on, but in some cases, even if this is on, it will not resolve the issue. When this happens, you can create a batch script and have the user run these commands to resolve the issue. It is sort of a workaround, but can be used for crutch situations.
1. Open Command Prompt by Clicking Start > Run > Type CMD > Hit Enter.er.
2. Type these following commands:
route delete 0.0.0.0
route add 0.0.0.0 mask 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.1
*Important: CHANGE 192.168.1.1 to your local GATEWAY address (router/firewall address)*
You can create a batch script and the user launch it after connecting to VPN, as once they disconnect and reconnect they will lose the settings. This can be done by opening up notepad, inputing the two commands, and then saving it as a.BAT file. Once you save this file, the user can launch this after VPN connection.
Here are some troubleshooting guides for particular topics.
(1) Your Virtual Network Connection
(2) VPN Troubleshooting Error Messages
(3) VPN Modems Troubleshooting Guide
(4) VPN ISP Troubleshooting Guide.
(1) Your Virtual Private Network Connection
Having trouble connecting to the Internet at home try these steps before calling for help.
1. Do you have an IP address? Try ipconfig /all. If you do not have an IP address reboot your PC. If that doesnt work power cycle your Cable/DSL modem and routers and reboot your PC again after the network devices are up and stable. Be sure all of your network cables are plugged in tight.
2. If you do not trust the VPN address of the VPN client, the firewall will cause you to crash. In your Internet browser click on “Tools > Internet Options > Security > Trusted Sites > Sites” and add the destination VPN address(es) to your trusted sites.
Q8 Error Message: You already have the maximum number of adapters installed
Cause: You may have installed to many virtual adapters in your IP Stack
1. Remove any unnecessary adapters;
2. Create multiple boot scenarios disabling the adapters that are not required for that function;
3. You may also get Banner Sock errors on Win 95 & 98 units with this condition;
4. For more information, see this Microsoft article: KB217744: Unable to Bind Protocols to More Than 5 Network Adapters (copy and paste into the search tool bar > enter).
Q9 Upgrade Errors: The following are some errors that may occur when trying to upgrade / install the Nortel VPN Client 4.65
Error (1): Failed to get Registry key value for NT_IPSECSHM
Cause: This is caused because an important registry key that cannot be found in the system registry.
When this happens, you can create a batch script and have the user run these commands to resolve the issue. It is sort of a workaround, but can be used for crutch situations.
1. vpn client software download, vpn client software download, vpn client software download vpn client software download, vpn client software download, vpn client software download vpn client software download, vpn client software download, vpn client software download
The most satisfying things about being in a IT position is about using the VPN service to the maximum of its potential. vpn client software download, vpn client software download, vpn client software download